- £42000 - £45000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We’re currently looking to recruit for a Head of Care for a large residential home for children and young people with autism, moderate to severe Learning disabilities and behavioural difficulties. You’ll need considerable experience in this field at management level and have sound knowledge of the current Ofsted regulations. On offer is an attractive salary package, 35 days incl bank holidays and pension.
The Head of Care role
- You’ll be part of the senior management team and will be responsible for the management of a large residential service for children and young people. You’ll be registered with and effectively manage every aspect of the care provision.
- You’ll provide direction, guidance, support and leadership to call residential care staff in their delivery of a coherent care service and in accordance with regulatory requirements.
- Establish methods and measures to evaluate the quality of care provided for the young people, making improvements where necessary and strategically manage continuous improvement.
- Ensure that the staffing structure and rota supports the dynamic demands of the service
- You’ll work effectively with the education team, health and therapy specialists to [provide integrated support for the children and young people.
- You’ll be the designated safe-guarding lead within the home
- You’ll need experience as at management level within a similar setting, ideally as a Registered Manager with Ofsted. You’ll need to demonstrate sound knowledge of the children’s homes regulations and current legislation
- Experience of working with children and young people with learning disabilities, and autism is essential
- You’ll need to hold NVQ level 5 / diploma level 5 in care (children and young people) and the Level RMA or diploma level 5 in management. A mental health nursing or social work degree would be advantageous.
Interested? To be considered for the Head of Care / Registered Manager role please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment. For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us