Position: Head of Digital / Product Owner
Location: Central London
Salary: Circa £75,000 to £80,000 plus 15% to 20% Bonus
Benefits: Final Salary Pension, Healthcare
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Head of Digital / Product Owner to join the rail division of a FTSE 250 London based company on a major greenfield project to deliver a customer experience driven digital Omni-Channel ticketing and retail platform.
The company is committed to delivering an ambitious digital channel shift strategy over the next two years as part of its agreement with the Department for Transport utilising Agile/Kanban methodologies.
The Omni-Channel ticketing and retail platform is a first for a train operating company with a committed technology investment of over £6million.
Provides leadership, ownership and vision for the full online eCommerce & Digital strategy through:
- A deep understanding of all of our customers and their requirements
- Creation, socialisation and leadership of a product vision for new retailing platform
- Driving alignment and engagement within the organisation
- Create enhanced user experience leading to significant growth in digital product usage delivering a consistent, transparent Omni-Channel experience.
Key Activities and Responsibilities
- You will create, lead, drive and own the online product roadmap and strategy, building a commercially optimised and brand enhancing portfolio of Digital Sales Channels (desktop & mobile sites/TVM/App) that focus on making things simple and easy for the customer, adding real value to their experience.
- You will champion and instil a customer centric product development approach with the new internal IS resource driving continual, ongoing delivery of new products and services into the market enabling the business to become more agile in delivery, across all channels.
- You will be a real customer champion across the business, putting customer experience at the heart of decision-making and development plans and ensuring alignment/ engagement throughout organisation.
- Customer insight and data needs to be core to the decision making. We would expect you to involve and consult real-life customers in the evolution and development of the product roadmap. You will use data/analytics and insight in the varying customer segments to drive product decision-making.
- You will regularly assess/review the competitive landscape, to inform the product roadmap, in keeping pace with the rest of the market.
- You will deliver targeted KPI growth across the key metrics of traffic volume, transactions, conversion (all site & check-out) and average basket value, along with other primary measures including customer satisfaction & NRPS
- A key part of the role will be to drive a culture of continuous improvement by improving usability (UX), accessibility and simplify navigation, through an ongoing Conversion Rate Optimisation and UX review programme.
- You will have full P&L responsibility for all online digital channels, including working with the Head of Revenue on the provision of robust monthly forecasts, along with completing monthly Board reporting.
- You will evolve and further embed a digital scorecard based approach, working in conjunction with the internal functional teams of Revenue, Customer Experience, Commercial & Delivery, amongst others, to create a truly joined-up, optimised, digital space.
What you will get
- Competitive Salary
- Final Salary Pension
- 15% to 20% Bonus
- 25 Days annual leave
- Discounted Rail Travel
- Company benefits and discounts
Key Experience Required
We would expect you to have five to ten years’ experience working within strategic, consulting or digital marketing disciplines, with at least five years within a B2C or eCommerce/Digital environment.
- You will be capable of developing online strategic roadmap and plans, rooted in the analysis of customer persona segments, platform/device performance, and consideration of the wider competitive landscape.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence at all levels within the organisation
- You will be experienced in direct management of all e-commerce disciplines (e-marketing, web development and website management, UX), including full accountability for budget management
- You will need to be experienced in all aspects of digital marketing (i.e. search, affiliates, display, social, mobile, video, CRM, partnerships and tracking/accountability)
- You will have an understanding of web analytics (e.g. Google Analytics, Omniture, Site Catalyst, Discover)
- You will need to have a practical understanding of web development processes and technologies
- You will have successful hands-on operational experience as well as strategic vision, with the ability to demonstrate delivering and influencing product roadmaps
The company is creating an exciting culture of business and technology hero’s, co-located together, working as one team to create and continually evolve in an agile iterative environment a first class suite of retailing services and ongoing Digital improvement.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us