- £43000 - £48700 per annum
- Job Type:
- Education and Training
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
I am currently recruiting for a Head of Education role to work within a 24 hour children’s residential service based in Norfolk.
The Head of Education is responsible for all educational provision: the taught curriculum and 24hr learning
As Head of Education you will be leading and managing the Learning Centre adults, as part of a larger holistic multi-professional team, and providing a personalised learning curriculum for the children and young people in our care, with an additionally wider remit in association with the Registered Manger in developing a learning culture.
Responsibilities will Include
• Ensuring that teachers and teaching assistants are appropriately trained,monitored, assessed, developed and supported throughout their careers,through high quality continuing professional development based on assessment of needs.
• Maintaining effective systems for the management of staff performance as part of the Staff Support and Development Programme
• Motivating and empowering all staff to carry out their roles to the higheststandard.
• Establishing a positive climate which ensures high quality teaching and successful learning.
• To contribute to the strategic and business planning of the company, the development of policies, procedures and implementation of quality assurance systems.
• To maintain clear, effective and impartial communication between education and care staff, and the senior management team.
• To monitor objectively the quality of relationships between children, between staff and children, and between staff, with the constant aim of improvement.
• To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as may from time to time be required by the Principal.
• Qualified Teacher status and initial or post-graduate educational qualification
• Background of working within a children’s residential home within a supervisory role
• Experience of a senior management position in aneducational setting
• Successful classroom teaching experience
• Experience with children displaying social,emotional and behavioural problems.
• High level of emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours.
• An SEN specialism would be useful as would a knowledge of social, emotional and mental health issues
Interested? Then send us your CV to apply
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.