- £45000 - £55000 per annum
- Job Type:
- South Wales
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Our client is a dynamic food manufacturing business based in South Wales. They provide chilled, frozen and ambient products to the foodservice market and are seking to appoint the key role of Head of Engineering.
As a Head of Engineering you will report to the Operations Director and be a key member of the Senior Management team, engaging with key stakeholders across the company/group.
You will play a pivotal role in developing and effectively delivering both short and long term plans as well as driving a culture of continuous improvement.
Day to day your roe will include:
• Maintaining all plant, machinery and equipment so as to ensure complete availability to meet production demands at all times.
• Running and controlling daily maintenance of all machinery and equipment within set budgets. This will include breakdowns and preventative maintenance, keeping accurate maintenance logs and records.
• Supervising all external maintenance contractors and ensure that they follow procedures and the Hygiene and Health and Safety standards.
• Overseeing and inspecting all industrial plant and service utilities and liaise with suppliers and contract engineers for all repairs and routine maintenance work to ensure 100% reliability and supply.
• Having responsibility for the building and equipment maintenance budget
To be considered for the Head of Engineering role you will have the following…
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience of operating in a Senior Engineering role and managing people.
• Experience in operating in a Food Manufacturing environment.
• Skills in both electrical and mechanical engineering disciplines.
• Strong Project Management with ability to see tasks / projects through to completion.
NEBOSH or other safety qualification would be an advantage, as will being competent in the use of Microsoft packagess..
Our client is a dynamic food manufacturing business based in South Wales employing over 280 employees that provide chilled, frozen and ambient products to the foodservice market.
The role may suitable if you have previous experience as Engineering Manager, Chief Engineer or Head of Engineering.
Confidentiality is assured.