- £75000 - £85000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Welwyn Garden City
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Job Title Head of IT
Location Welwyn Garden City
Salary £75,000 to £85,000 + Bonus + Benefits
The company is a multi-billion dollar international organisation with a vast network of subsidiaries across the UK. Seen globally as a market leader in distribution and logistics they have turned exceptional results into a targeted corporate acquisition strategy setting up a very bright future.
Heading up an existing team of 10 (one IT Architect, one IT Security Officer and the IT Infrastructure team) you will be responsible for formulating and deploying long-term strategic plans for acquiring and enabling efficient and cost-effective information processing and communication technologies. You will manage IT operational and strategic planning, including business requirements, project planning, organising and negotiating the allocation of resources.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an appropriate IT organisational structure that supports the needs of the business.
- Integrate the IT department into a global organisation and increase the efficiency.
- Establish and maintain IT departmental goals, objectives and operating procedures to be compliant with ISO 9001 standards.
- Senior stakeholder for IT security compliance and maintaining ISO 27001.
- Conduct regular appraisals of staff against clearly defined objectives.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing, budgeting and budget review.
- Investigate and propose methods of moving the IT function to a Cloud environment.
- Work with Citrix, data storage, servers and surrounding technology.
- Excellent leadership skills developing a high service culture.
- At least ten years’ IT infrastructure experience.
- Broad knowledge and working experience across different IT environments including networking (WAN) and security.
- Experience with databases and different operating systems.
- Exceptional customer service orientation.
- Highly analytical and problem solving approach.
- Ideally have experience of working in an internationally focussed organisation.
- 25 days + Bank Holidays
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Bicycle scheme
- Free parking
- A steady work load but a very relaxed working environment
- A commitment by the organisation (communicated from the CEO) that any reasonable request for development/ training will be supported through time off and assistance in meeting cost of the course. E.g. those who have done an MBA had more than 50% of the cost met by the company.
This is an excellent oportunity to join a highly progressive and ambitious organisation and to play a key part in their future strategy and overall sucess of the company.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us