- £8.25 - £8.75 per hour
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
We are currently looking to recruit a team of Support Workers to support an individual within their own home with a rare degenerative condition called sanfilippo syndrome. The client has severe learning disabilities and type 1 diabetes; they also have a history of epilepsy. The client requires support during the day and night within her family home. As a Support Worker you’ll be supporting the client in their daily living tasks which included personal care and ensure that she is involved with social activities where possible. Our client offers an excellent benefits package which includes contracted hours with excellent rates of pay: £8.25 per hour days and £8.75 per hour nights.
The role of a Support Worker
- As a Support Worker you will have natural empathy, compassion and a positive approach.
- Provide support with personal care, clinical care and social care needs.
- We’re looking people who are flexible and are able to work over a shift pattern, including weekends.
- Good verbal communication skills are essential.
- Ideally you’ll have experience of working as a Support Worker or Care Assistant within the Social Care sector before, however this is not essential.
- Experience of working with physically disabled people would be beneficial.
- No formal qualifications required, out client has a fully equipped training centre with a good supervisory process for new starters.
My client is one of the UK’s leading community based care providers who provide person-centred care for adults and children with complex conditions within their own home.
They offer a range of packages delivered by bespoke care teams specific to individual needs, where necessary 24 hours a day.
- Contributory pension
- Full training including the opportunity to gain NVQ qualifications
- Competitive rates of pay
- Enhanced hourly rates for night shifts
- Hours 12hr day (9am-9pm) and 9 hr night (10pm-7am) shifts on a rolling rota basis, flexibility required over 7 days.
To be considered for the Support Worker post click “Apply” to send your CV.