Housing and Enablement Officer
Cannock or Essington
21 or 28 hour contracts available with the flexibility to work extra hours where required
My client is currently looking to recruit for Housing and Enablement Officer posts for their elderly care services. You’ll be working within a housing scheme for older people and will provide a housing management service and health and wellbeing service to residents. You’ll need some experience in a similar role and to have worked with older people previously.
The Housing Officer role
- Based in within a housing scheme you’ll be the main point of contact and you’ll provide excellent customer services to residents and visitors.
- You’ll be involved in everything from enabling residents to live independently, to supporting them to access other services including care and support, activities and community facilities.
- You’ll ensure that residents maintain their tenancies and provide assistance to prospective and new tenants to the service.
- You’ll support a team of volunteers to provide on-site activities and events for residents
- You’ll respond to emergency pendant calls
- You’ll monitor and update support plans, and other records in relation to the well-being service
- You’ll need to have experience of working with older people before and have a commitment and understanding of good customer service
- Ideally your experience of working with older people will have been gained in a Housing Scheme / Extra Care scheme / Sheltered Accommodation
- You’ll be computer literate, having a good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Acess and Excel, plus email and internet
- You’ll have a proactive and innovative approach to work
Interested? To apply for the Housing Officer role please click ‘apply’ to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment
For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us