We’re looking for an experienced HR Advisor to work for our client, the UK’s leading and best-known food on the go retailer. This is a permanent role, home-based however with regular travel to shops across Northwest London and into Hertfordshire and Berkshire required.
This role will suit an experienced and enthusiastic HR generalist with a passion for people, a thorough understanding of employment law and experience developing people and dealing with complex people situations. A background working within a multi-site retail environment would be ideal however not essential.
You will be responsible for driving and delivering the Retail People Strategy across a group of shops within the Northwest London patch, including Reading, Slough, High Wycombe, Staines, Kingston, Richmond, Ham, Hanworth and surrounding areas, which contains approximately 120 shops with over 1,000 colleagues. The role will involve the implementation of the People policies and company procedures to ensure the business is not put at risk and continues to focus on the importance of people whilst delivering business objectives.
Responsibilities will include…
– Coaching and supporting Area/Shop Management to ensure an effective understanding of their role and responsibilities with regards to people policies, procedures and strategy
– Ensuring a consistent approach to people management relating to disciplinary, grievance and employee consultation
– Monitoring any gaps or development needs relating to people policies and procedures, and assisting in reviewing/updating existing policies and procedures
– Delivering training to Shop Management teams in relation to People policies and processes
– Supporting recruitment, succession planning and performance management activities within the territory
The ideal candidate for this HR Advisor role will be CIPD level 5 qualified with experience providing a high standard of HR support across a multi-site environment. You must be able to demonstrate a proven track record of delivering great results, developing people and dealing with complex people situations.
In addition, it’s essential that you possess the following:
– Strong project management skillset and approach, able to work as part of a team and lead initiatives
– Strong communication skills, able to influence managers and leaders and hold challenging conversations
– A positive attitude with high level of emotional intelligence and empathy
– Full UK driving license and willing to do extensive travel to fulfil the role
Basic salary: £32,000 – £38,000 dependent on experience, plus company car
Additional benefits include:
– Generous employee discount scheme
– After 6 months service you may be eligible for the profit share scheme
– Private medical insurance, health insurance, management pension scheme, plus plenty more
The business you’ll be working for is the UK’s leading and best-known food on the go retailer. They’re a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage and provide their people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this HR Advisor role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
We are acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this role.