- £45000 - £53000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Job Title: Information Assurance and Security Analyst
Location: Central Manchester
Salary: £45,000 to £53,000
Benefits: Excellent Pension, Healthcare, Dental Care
This is a rare opportunity for an experienced Information Assurance and IT Security Analyst to own and manage the information security activities related to a major IT/IS surety program for a very well established insurance business based in Central Manchester.
The company is key part of a global organisation where IT security is critical to their continued success and growth.
Based in central Manchester, you will assist in the development of IT/IS security policies/procedures and to ensuring operational compliance as well as work closely with the Head of IT to implement ISO27001 over the next two years.
As their business continues to grow they need to leverage their data and information being core to their strategic growth plans.
The role will cover four key areas: Internal Governance, Service Management Activity, Data Protection/Disaster Recovery and Audit and Assurance
You will interpret and apply complex technical information and able to explain security functionality from first principles in layman terms as well as take responsibility for ensuring the operational security follows all relevant procedures and behave in a way which is consistent with the organisations values.
You will be tasked with formulating policies and best practices for information security and data management and will understand and enhance security operations from a people, process and technology perspective.
You will be able to develop and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
and drive projects through to ‘business as usual’ while remaining adept at addressing resistance and changing specifications
Key Experience Required
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years’ experience working in an Information Security and Assurance role. A good working knowledge around networking components such as Routers and Firewalls is not essential but is certainly desirable.
- You will have strong working knowledge of information security frameworks and standards such as ISO27001/2 as well as a good working knowledge of UK and European Legislative & Regulatory requirements.
- You will need to be familiar with Internal and External security Assessment engagements and will have a strong understanding of Information Security Control Frameworks (ex. ISSA, COBIT, ISO, ITIL, etc.)
- Due to the nature of the role you will display a high level of integrity and discretion and be a collaborative team player willing to aid and support other team members.
- You will have experience of leading the design of information and data security solutions from the ground up and owning the delivery of security solutions within complex projects and delivery programs
- We would expect you to have at least one of the following qualifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAC, SABSA, CCSK or ISO27001
This is an excellent opportunity to make a real impact in a rapidly growing and highly respected company that are an integral part of a global corporation.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us