Role: Infrastructure Engineer
An innovative Stafford based software company specialising in ecommerce and supply chain platforms is looking for an infrastructure engineer with experience in Wintel and Linux to work as 2nd in line to their Infrastructure Manager.
You will enhance and maintain their mission critical infrastructure in line with business neds and aspirations working on BAU as well as numerous projects.
You will provide support to the Infrastructure Manager as directed by way of undertaking integration projects or day to day operational activities.
- Provide recommendations to optimise the infrastructure and opportunities to improve
- Maintain accurate and relevant documentation regarding the infrastructure in the chosen department tool
- Assist with the orchestration of backup and DR systems & processes
- Share responsibility for the company operated datacenters; fire suppression, cooling, and power management
- Support switching and firewall infrastructure in a proactive manner
- Contribute to ensuring licensing is held in good stead
- Troubleshoot complex issues with a root-cause analysis mindset
- Perform health checks on infrastructure and services
- Ensure assets are concisely recorded in relevant SAM/HAM tools
- Contribute to an on-call rota
We are looking for an experienced infrastructure engineer with experience in both Wintel and Linux as well as some of the following. There will be a push to cloud so any experience in Azure would be great but is not a requirement.
- Wintel (2016/2019)
- Linux Admin
- MCSE/MCITP or equivalent
- M365 group of applications & Azure AD
- Hyper-V or Vmware
- Networking: routing protocols, VLANs, subnetting, trunking
- Active Directory and associated roles attributed to it (e.g. DNS/DHCP/Bitlocker)
- Corporate grade firewalls administration and hardening
- Traditional server hardware architecture
There will be a push to cloud so any experience in Azure would be great but is not a requirement.
We do want someone that is keen to push modernisation and develop the existing infrastructure.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us