This innovative business solutions provider, and part of a highly regarded international group of companies, is in a position to offer an excellent career move to a capable and eager individual with some IT security experience as part of their current role that wants to break into a full time IT security position.
This is the ideal opportunity an experienced IT Analyst with exposure to IT security to become a fully trained and experienced IT Security Officer. You will work with a global security team though will be the technical lead within the UK on all IT related security tasks and represent the company at external meetings held with Banks and other security sensitive companies. You will also eventually take the lead on all customer and compliance audits working closely with a high skilled compliance team.
Due to the very nature of their business, IT Security is taken very highly and requires all employees in this area to be highly vigilant. The individual will have excellent attention to detail and show a willingness to acquire new skills and take ownership of tasks.
- Excellent Co-ordination skills of internal teams and third party contractors
- The tenacity to get information from multiple different sources, collate it, gain understanding and distribute it in a relevant precise way.
- Exposure to a range of Cisco, Citrix, IIS, VMware, SAN Infrastructure, McAfee
- Knowledge of Data Loss Prevention (DLP) advantageous and Security Incident Management (SIEM) – Though training will be provided
- Knowledge of penetration testing and vulnerability management would be highly advantageous.
- Broad understanding of Data Protection within the UK
- Any exposure to PCI DSS or ISO27001 would be ideal that not essential
- Good knowledge of external vulnerability avoidance and the willingness to monitor them, and act on the information provided.
- Ability to be flexible in working manner and subject matter
- Good knowledge of internal security awareness
- Prior experience of working with a Security Operation Center (SOC) type of role a bonus.
We foresee the right person for this role has a background within IT, possibly has been within an IT projects role or support for 5 years. They will have experience of working with third parties at an operational level and will have had good exposure to IT security.
We are willing to grow the right person to work within a Global IT security role within a few years of on the ground training.
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Sickness Allowance
- Mobile Phone
- Excellent training
This role requires you to have excellent written and verbal communication skills and a hunger to quickly pick up skills in new and exciting areas of IT security.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us