Job Title: IT Field Network Engineer
Location: Aldridge, West Midlands
Day Rate: £30,000 to £32,000 plus Company Car
Benefits: Pension, Health Plan plus other benefits
This is an exciting new role for an experienced IT Network Field Engineer to join a large, international, and highly profitable manufacturing company that are having one of their best years this year.
This will mainly be a field role, however there will be a desk available for you in their Aldridge site wehen you want it.
A key part of your role will be travel throughout the UK and Ireland supporting the UK Network Manager and engineering manager on the roll out of their new production control system.
As their primary focus will be their production environment, we are looking for someone that has worked in a manufacturing on engineering company previously in a networking role.
You must have a flexible approach and a strong continuous improvement ethic, including a desire to develop and progress their technical and professional skills.
- Complete the gap/fit analysis for all UK and Ireland facilities, identifying and carry out the necessary remedial actions.
- Establishing networking environment by designing system configuration, directing system installation, defining, documenting, and working within corporate system standards and governance
- Design and implementing new solutions and improving resilience of the current environment
- Maximising network performance by monitoring, troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with 3rd Party vendors / corporate IT on network optimisation
- Undertaking data network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources
- Upgrading data network equipment to latest stable firmware releases
- Configuring routing and switching equipment
Technically we would expect you have experience in the following areas:
- Previous IT experience in a production / factory environment
- LAN / WAN
- Routing and Switching – Cisco based
- IP Telephony / VOIP
- IT Security / Firewall Technologies – Barracuda or others
- CCNA Certification
- Full driving license
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us