- £40000 - £45000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Welwyn Garden City
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Job Title: 3rd Line IT Infrastructure Specialist – Career path to IT Architect role
Location: Welwyn Garden City, Hertfordshire
Salary: £40,000 to £45,000
Benefits: Pension, Flexible working, Excellent Training
This innovative business solutions provider, part of a highly regarded international group of international companies, is in a position to offer an excellent career move to a capable infrastructure support specialist who is looking for a career path into an IT Architect role.
The global group infrastructure is growing and developing at a phenomenal rate and we are looking for someone that can help support and develop this within a hands-on role of design and build within a number of key international and UK infrastructure projects.
You will work within the IT Architecture team and will be involved in infrastructure architectural design, documentation, planning and hands-on deployment within the global business. You will work closely with members of local and global IT teams, developers and with project and programme staff as required to oversee the delivery of the infrastructure architecture through the project lifecycle.
As the role is global, some of your time will be spent abroad in the US and Europe with the rest of your time spent between their offices in Welwyn Garden City and working from home.
- An excellent awareness of IT Infrastructure and a strong interest in maintaining that awareness.
- At least six years’ experience in a 3rd line support role including implementation experience.
- Some experience in infrastructure design, re-engineering or re-platforming.
- Strong experience of virtualisation technologies & internal and external hosted cloud technologies would be advantageous.
- Must be able to undertake and gain Security Clearance to SC level or have current Security Clearance level.
- Willing to travel as necessary in line with business needs.
- Some International travel will be required.
Preferred Technology Experience
- Excellent design, configuration and deployment skills for Routers, Firewalls, Switches, Load Balancers, IDS/IPS, WAF, virtual (Software Defined) and wireless.
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience with communication technologies and protocols including WAN products, VPN solutions, email & SMTP, SFTP/FTPS and enterprise file transfer solutions.
- Specification, build and deployment of Traditional, Blade and Converged server products.
- Design and deployment of cloud based infrastructure such as AWS, Azure, SoftLayer etc.
- Strong experience of virtualisation technology design and deployment including vSphere, Hyper-V, XenServer.
- A broad knowledge of storage technology, including NAS, SAN, iSCSI, NFS, FC and virtual alternatives for example VSAN & Nutanix.
- Backup system design, deployment and operation – physical, virtual and cloud based.
- Good knowledge of datacentre design, cabling requirements, rack configuration, power, cooling, security and monitoring.
- Deployment and operation of monitoring, audit and compliance tools such as Nagios, Check MK, Splunk, Nessus.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure specialist to work on several major international projects as embark on a career path to become an IT Architect.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us