- £65000 - £75000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Position: IT Service Delivery Manager
Salary: £65,000 to £75,000 plus 20% Bonus
Benefits: Excellent Pension, Healthcare
We are looking for a highly experienced, ITIL qualified Service Delivery Manager with experience of managing IT teams, extensive international stakeholder management and knowledge of data protection and policies in particular ISO 27001.
This is a rare opportunity to take a lead role within a specialist insurance business based in Central Manchester. The company is key part of a global organisation where IT is critical to their continued success and growth.
- You will oversee the day to day activities of the IT function (development, applications, infrastructure) within the UK with regular contact with both Germany and America with a focus on aligning IT services with the needs of business.
- You will also provide guidance and oversight in the migration of some IT services to the group parent based in Germany and you will be accountable for relationship and service offering provided by them.
- You will ensure all information technology procedures are current and relevant in line with latest industry practices and will design and successfully implement a plan to ensure these procedures are at ISO 27001 accreditation standard within two years
- You will be responsible for all facets of the organisations technology infrastructure, including architecture, capacity planning, administration, operational management, and troubleshooting to ensure the efficient, stable, reliable and secure operations of the organisations technology
- You will define and manage all service-related metrics (SLAs, KPIs, utilisation etc.). This includes: the documentation of supporting processes to ensure all data is captured in the most consistent, efficient manner in line with customer expectations; the analysis of gathered metrics to ensure all targets are being monitored/managed appropriately
- You will manage, direct, mentor and motivate the IT team ranging between twelve and sixteen people via two direct reports, ensuring consistent performance management
- You will oversee IT budget of IT capital and expenditure and will develop and implement a comprehensive strategy and roadmap for integrating and managing the company’s information technology services and those supporting new enterprise-wide initiatives within the group
- Finally you will proactively introduce new technology solutions for current business problems and keep abreast of new and emerging technologies and their impact on the enterprise architecture
Key Experience Required
- You will have extensive and demonstrable experience in IT Service Management as well as people management experience, performance management, mentoring and personal development of staff
- We expect that you will have worked in a fast paced, global corporate environment for at least five years, ideally within the finance or insurance sector
- We are looking for someone that has experience within data protection and policy with good knowledge of ISO27001
- You will have experience in a multi Service management role, ideally covering both release management and change management functions.
- You will need to be an expert and qualified in ITIL, leading complex ITIL service delivery projects and implementing new process and solutions
- Strong international stakeholder management experience is a must for the role as you will be managing relationships in both Germany and America.
- You will have a good working knowledge of managing a mixed environment of UNIX (Solaris), Linux, and Microsoft Windows Operating Systems, client-server and Web architectures, business applications, Oracle and MySQL Databases, firewalls, information security tools and applications, network management, and an expert understanding of IT operations and best practices (ITIL, etc.)
- Awareness, ownership accountability and understanding of the legal and governance framework around IT and data management (ISO 27001)
This is an excellent and rare opportunity with a Global insurance company offering the chance for someone to really make their mark in a rapidly evolving and growing organisation.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us