A Key Account Sales Engineer is required who has engineering passion and a desire to grow and develop sales within a hugely established engineering company.
The Key Account Sales Engineer role will include:
Identifying suitable markets and industry for the business, also identifying where current capacity and capabilities will be most competitive.
- Understanding the customer base, with the ability to grow current customers and gain new customers.
- Confidently communicate with all colleagues, of all departments to resolve issues and feedback customer comments. Communication within sales, production and quality is essential.
- Ability and confidence to complete customer visits, both on and offsite, perform the company presentation to a corporate level, complete quality audits and company shop floor tours.
- Expectation to do what is necessary to achieve sales including customer visits, cold calls, emails, exhibitions and travelling to support customer requirements.
- Communication and reporting directly to the Sales Director / assistant manager is essential, in order to obtain quotations, remain competitive and meet customer demands.
The successful candidate should have an existing knowledge of sheet metal engineering and manufacturing, which will allow them to understand the presswork industry from the beginning, identifying the best methods of manufacturing and industries which are suitable for the client’s capabilities and capacity.
Preferably, the candidate will have completed an Engineering apprenticeship, to City & Guilds / HNC Level.
The Key Account Sales Engineer must be knowledgeable of the engineering industry, as well as obtaining excellent communication skills to be confident to speak with various customers as well as all internal departments of the business.
Sales experience is preferable, as the candidate is required to be commercially astute.
It is likely suitable applicants will have previously worked in one of the following roles; project engineer, sales engineer, technical sales consultant, technical sales engineer or key account engineer
This is a well-established business that has been trading for over 70 years. They are part of a very successful group and can offer the successful candidate further training and progression. My client has a wealth of manufacturing expertise and constantly produces very high quality presswork and welded assemblies.
To apply for this role please contact Lee Dodd on 0121 362 2337 or click on the link to apply.