A high-growth global healthcare company is currently looking for enthusiastic and ambitious graduates with demonstrable knowledge of Flow Cytometry to join their UK headquarters in Abingdon, Oxfordshire. Various opportunities available within the diagnostic laboratory, which specialises in the analysis of T-cells to aid the diagnosis of, and investigation of, infectious diseases using the company’s own T-SPOT technology as well as innovative research techniques.
This is a foundation level role and you would be encouraged to develop your skills, including in participation in on-line learning, to further develop your career. An understanding of Flow Cytometry is essential.
Offering benefits including competitive salary, pension scheme, plus life and medical insurance, this is a fantastic chance to contribute to great science driven by intellect and curiosity, and work with great people united in doing important work and being valued for it.
The company house the only national TB testing laboratory exclusively dedicated to performing the T-SPOT.TB test. You would play a key role as part of the diagnostic testing service provided to UK clinical services as well as participate in ground-breaking research including collaboration with vaccine development companies.
Responsibilities will include…
– Preparing and conducting flow cytometry procedures, with a focus on intracellular cytokine staining
– Conducting analytical tests using T-SPOT technology, including those for SARS-CoV-2 and for Tuberculosis
– Assisting with the resolution of analytical issues as they occur
Applications from individuals commutable to Abingdon preferred however applicants willing to relocate to Abingdon/Oxford and surrounding area will be considered. Please make this clear in your application if required.
– BSc, or equivalent experience, in a lifesciences discipline
– Previous work experience in a laboratory environment, ideally with experience in flow cytometry
– An understanding of the healthcare, diagnostic and/or pharmaceutical industries
– Familiarity with Quality System concepts and requirements including GLP, GMP and ISO systems
– Understanding of basic laboratory safety and infection control procedures and practices including hazardous chemical handling
– Capable of handling multiple tasks at the same time and working effectively in a team environment
Across the globe, the company is driven by the expectation of excellence. Their proprietary immunology platform is already generating a major impact on human life by creating more effective ways to test for diseases like TB and transforming the diagnostics market place in the process. At the same time, in their commitment to giving passionate and creative people the freedom to explore their full potential they are working to set a new standard for careers in the sector.
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.