We’re looking for a Laboratory Technician to work for our client at their Somercotes production facility in Alfreton.
You would be joining one of the world’s leading manufacturers of food products.
Please note: This is a full-time role, you would be expected to work continental shifts, working 4 on 4 off days and nights rotating. Competitive salary dependent on experience plus benefits, all to be discussed at interview.
As part of the Quality department you would be responsible for the testing of raw materials and finished products to ensure compliance with food standard regulations, plus helping maintain and improve the Quality System through regular audit work.
You’ll work as part of a close-knit team and play a major part in the development of the company’s food ingredients, including dry seasonings, sauces and coatings systems, ensuring the consistent production of high quality product.
– Previous experience in a food testing lab environment
– A keen interest in science with a basic understanding of microbiology and / or analytical chemistry
– Knowledge of HACCP, BRC and customer required standards, level 2 Food Safety would also be ideal
– Organised, able to follow and put in place routine tasks efficiently, strong attention to detail
– Team Player, reliable and will take initiative if left on own
– Flexible in availability for working hours, may be required to work different shifts each week, or asked to work overtime
The role will suit individuals with backgrounds as Quality Technician, QA Technician, Quality Control Assistant, Food Science Technician, Lab Assistant, Laboratory Technician.
Operating globally, the company develop, manufacture and sell food ingredients, including dry seasonings, sauces and coatings systems, and supply a portfolio of major food manufacturers.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Quality Control Laboratory Technician role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.