- £45000 - £55000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Job Title: Lead Software and Systems Support
Technology: Lamp Stack
Location: Central Birmingham
Salary: £50,000 to £55,000 p/a (Share Scheme, 25 Days Holiday)
A multi-award winning Telecoms company with several sites is urgently seeking a LAMP Applications Specialist to lead their reputable and highly regarded Technical Team and strengthen the prestigious IT Department at their Head Office in Birmingham City Centre.
Are you keen to utilise your skills and enhance your experience in a multi-award winning company? Do you want to be associated with an industry leader? Are you competent with the LAMP stack and have an in-depth understanding of Application Support? If yes, why not become a fundamental part of a company that has grown phenomenally and is fast becoming an innovative leader?
- Excellent salary (6 month salary review)
- Lucrative share options
- Excellent career progression
- Convenient central and affluent location
- 25 days’ annual holiday (+ bank holidays)
- Great new office
- Technical authority over major clients (UK based/international)
- Working closely with Senior Director/CEO
- Freedom/flexibility to take significant business AND technical decisions
- Additional Support/Training provided
- Building, operating and managing the company’s own Linux servers (Eg. App, Web and DB Servers) on physical/dedicated and virtualised resources and also on public cloud/IaaS services such as Amazon EC2 and Openstack
- Building solutions across multiple cloud/hosting providers and active-active deployments around the globe, inc. integrating/automating their service provision and operational reporting
- Leading the move away from building manually and towards designing, building and maintaining using configuration management and deployment techniques and solutions.
- Designing, building and supporting Linux-based continual integration and build services, in collaboration with the development teams
- Ensuring scalability, performance and resilience of the platform; including adequate backups, disaster recovery, ensuring the processes to respond to and resolve to incidents are defined and resourced 24×7 given the nature of a global telecoms platform
- Building new capabilities, remediating/improving existing ones and acting as a lead technical specialist in effectively diagnosing and resolving complex platform issues
- Managing and developing the skills of the other less experienced Systems Administrators
- Collaborating with and leading the Development, Infrastructure and Support teams. Build platforms and automation that supports their operations and processes and assist in the response to incidents
- Relevant and applied hands-on technical experience of LAMP (full stack)/Java platforms on Linux
- Advanced knowledge in multiple Linux distributions, most likely CentOS and Debian types
- Functional understanding of PHP code (Apache/MySQL)
- Understanding of VoIP (desirable)
- Ability to lead a strong existing team
- Ability to balance technical/business expertise
- Ability to develop less experienced colleagues as the business grows exponentially year on year
- Capable of working to both tactical and strategic timescales
This role is suited to passionate LAMP Specialists with a strong technical background who want to work in an exciting and successful company – experience in the Telecoms industry is a great advantage although not essential.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us