We’re looking for Class C LGV Drivers to work for our client from their Birmingham facility, primarily night shifts.
You would be joining the UK’s leading and best-known food on the go retailer.
Please note: This is a full-time role, 47.5 hours a week, consisting of 5 shifts per week. Shifts will fall Monday – Saturday with shifts falling 5 days out of 6. This is primarily a nightshift role, however shift patterns and availability can be discussed at interview.
Basic salary: Circa £39,000.
Additional benefits: Generous staff discount scheme, offering you up to 50% off food, profit share scheme, free life assurance, company pension scheme and share save and share incentive schemes, healthcare plans, cycle to work scheme, plus much more.
You would play a vital part in making sure that the nation’s favourite products are delivered to shops on time and in full. You’ll need to make sure all of the safety checks have been met and you’ll carry out multi drop deliveries of chilled, frozen and ambient goods to shops on a daily basis, including bank holidays and weekends.
You will drive one of a modern fleet of refrigerated LGVs, fitted with the latest technology and safety features such as Telematics and vehicle cameras. Annual CPC training is provided along with advanced training to assist you to drive in a safe and fuel-efficient manner.
– Clean driving record and Class C driving license (old style Class 2) with no more than 6 points as well as the appropriate level of CPC training and the relevant certificates to prove it
– LGV/HGV driving experience, ideally multi-drop withing the food industry
– Good understanding of HSE driving regulations / IOSH working safely
– Enthusiastic, reliable and take pride in your role as a professional driver
– Supportive of an inclusive culture – recognising and valuing that difference is good.
– Flexible in availability for working hours, may be required to work different shifts each week, or asked to work overtime
The business you’ll be working for is the UK’s leading and best-known food on the go retailer.
They’re a company that people want to work for because they are a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage and provide their people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this LGV Driver role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
We are acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this role.