Link / Support Worker
Complex Needs / Challenging Behaviour
Salary: £17,294 – £19,114
Days: Monday to Friday with Alternate Weekends
Shifts: Different shift patterns including early & lates
Location: Newham & Haringay
We are currently looking for Link Workers to oversee care for clients with challenging behaviour in the community based in Newham & Haringay
We are looking for supportive, innovative, flexible individuals with a good sense of humour and excellent communication skills to work within the community changing the lives of vulnerable adults with Challenging Behaviour.
As a link worker you will be allocated a client to oversee their care package to ensure that they are supported to an excellent level. You will liaise with the support team coordinating activities, monitoring medication, daily records and plan the clients’ daily routine.
Some of your core duties include:
• Ensure staff record incidents of challenging behaviours using monitoring tools put in place by behaviour support team .
• Be responsible for updating behaviour support plans with manager ,behaviour team and other professionals
• Ensure that daily plans are updated on a regular basis
• Implement guidance, strategies and paperwork for accurate and purposeful record keeping.
• Coach and mentor, new and inexperienced colleagues on how to support customers in a positive way
This is a highly rewarding role where you will work alongside one customer who moving into the community.
You will be an experienced support worker who is passionate about person centred approach. Preferably you will come from a similar background supporting clients with challenging behaviours and hold a minimum NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care (or equivalent).
If you are looking for a flexible and rewarding career, our client will invest in you to achieve your full potential and will offer fantastic benefits:
• Competitive pay
• Paid holiday
• Ongoing training and personal development
This position would be ideal for candidates from the following backgrounds: Support worker, care manager, care supervisor, supported housing project worker, domiciliary care worker, home support worker and, or those who display the right values and behaviours to work in a complex care environment.
For further information about the position please click on the “apply” button and we will send you an application pack.