- £35000 - £40000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Job Title: Linux and MySQL Administrator
Location: Birmingham, West Midlands
Salary: £35,000 to £40,000 p/a (25 Days Hol, Pension, Employee Discount)
A multi-award winning eCommerce company with several international offices is urgently seeking an experienced Linux and My SQL Database Administrator to join their highly regarded IT Team and strengthen the IT Department at their office close to Birmingham City Centre.
Do you want to be associated with an industry leader trusted with major international Blue chip clients? Are you a DBA with a good understanding of Linux and MySQL? If yes, why not become part of a company that has grown phenomenally and is an innovative leader in the market place?
- Excellent salary
- Convenient location close to Central Birmingham
- 25 days’ annual holiday (+ bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Generous employee discount
- Childcare vouchers
- Key input and involvement in projects with major clients (UK based and international)
- Excellent and genuine career progression
- Stakeholder/partner management
The Role Requirements:
- Ability to work well in an existing team of strong Infrastructure specialists
- Ability to support the maintenance of the existing MySQL databases (keeping them running and backed up)
- Ensure the network is run in a professional manner and liaise with external service providers
- Design and maintain MySQL & MS SQL instances including backup and recovery plans, performance tuning and operational resilience
- Assist in planning new developments within the company’s infrastructure
- Deployment of bespoke applications
- Proficiency in Linux, MySQL and MS SQL (database administration inc. Security, Performance, Tuning, Capacity Planning)
This role is suited to Infrastructure specialists who have a good understanding of Linux and MySQL and can support the company’s databases and offer maintenance and stability to the existing platform. Any support you require will be provided however you will be given a level of autonomy with this role and the flexibility to take technical decisions.
Please feel free to get in touch with me for further information, confidentially.
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us