- £38000 - £42000 per annum
- Job Type:
- East Riding of Yorkshire
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Maintenance Shift Supervisor (Electrical Bias) – Food Manufacturing
38k-42k per annum
Our client is a well-established international food manufacturer and due to steady growth they are looking for a Maintenance Shift Supervisor to work with their engineering team in Humberside.
• Reporting to the Maintenance Leader, the Maintenance Shift Supervisor is responsible for the day to day control of planned and non-planned maintenance activities carried out across the manufacturing site. Using hands on front line leadership skills you will organise and prioritise the work activity in a safe and professional manner during the shift.
• Working with the Plant Management Team you will actively optimise all tools and resources available to achieve agreed individual and departmental goals. This will include support to new and efficient working systems, strategies and training programmes as required.
• Ensure that all necessary resources are available to execute the work on the most efficient manner
• To ensure that contractors are fully aware of their responsibilities whilst working on the site. This includes carrying out site inductions and verification of risk assessments and method statements
• To rapidly identify the root cause of efficiency problems and develop alternative solutions. Communicate these to interested parties.
• Ensure the upkeep and reliability of all plant and equipment in your shifts designated area by feeding back requirements to your Line Manager.
• Enter accurate, detailed feedback on all completed tasks into the CMMS on a daily basis.
• Minimum five years’ experience within a maintenance department
• People leadership experience.
• Managing safely and Intermediate food hygiene.
• Practical engineering experience including legislation.
• Up to City & Guilds part 3 in relevant discipline.
• Up to NVQ L3 in relevant discipline.
• ONC or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
• Wide ranging knowledge of engineering practical fundamentals.
• People leadership skills.
• Multi-skilled craftsman.
• Have an innovative approach to problem solving.
• Computer literate (Microsoft Windows / Microsoft Office
Our client is a well-established international food manufacturer, they were established in 1957 and today they operate in 26 countries around the world.
The role may be suitable if you have a background as Maintenance Shift Supervisor, Shift Supervisor Maintenance Chargehand, Assistant Engineering Manager and Senior Multi Skilled Engineer.
It is likely candidates will be commutable to Hull, Preston, Scunthorpe and Humberside.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.