- £35000 - £40000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Manufacturing and Production
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Maintenance Team Leader – Food Manufacturing
£35k-£40k per annum plus Benefits
Our client is a well-established manufacturer of retailer own brand cakes, due to steady growth they are looking for a Maintenance Team Leader to join their engineering team.
As a Maintenance Team Leader…
• Support production in achieving production targets via the delivery of high standards of engineering practice.
• Manage and prioritise breakdowns ensuring that all work is carried out quickly and effectively.
• Co-ordinate the work of shift engineers, ensuring that all reports and records are completed correctly and filed within correct timescales.
• To manage shift engineers fairly and consistently and in line with personnel polocies and procedures.
• Ensure all relevant legislation and site procedures are adhered to, in particular health and safety and hygiene.
• Manage and improve the preventative maintenance system, particularly identifying key equipment for attention.
To be considered for the Maintenance Team Leader role you will have the following…
• You will have a good general awareness of both electrical and mechanical engineering, electrical bias would be advantageous.
• Ideal candidate will have experience in an engineering management capacity from food or FMCG environment; experience in bakery would be advantageous.
• Good knowledge of PLC programming needed and must have previous experience of supervising a team of engineers.
• You will need good IT skills, the ability to make decisions regarding priorities and a team based approach.
Our client is UK’S leading manufacturer of retailer own brand cakes, they currently have two production sites in the UK and employ between 1500-2000 people.
The role may be suitable if you have a background as an engineering team leader, shift team leader, maintenance manager or maintenance team leader
It is likely candidates will be commutable to Stockport, Oldham and Manchester.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.