- £30000 - £40000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Manufacturing and Production
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Manufacturing Engineer-Manufacturing (Aerospace/Defence)
£30,000-£40,000 per annum
Our client is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace and defense markets. Approximately 80% of total revenues are generated from aerospace/defense markets. Due to successful growth they are currently looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to work closely with Design Engineers within the business in coordinating the issue of new products. Estimates manufacturing costs, makes recommendations for tooling and process requirements and agrees time standards, and maintains records and recording systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods
- Engineering planning and creation of Standard Operating Procedures
- Analyzes and plans work force utilisation, space requirements and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency
- Liaises with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods
- Liaises with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards
- Read and interpret engineering drawings and technologies
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential
- Identification and introduction of product/process improvements
- Specifies material requirements, defining suitable methods of manufacture and ifentifying, and implementing necessary tooling and equipment
- Responsibility for managing budgets, in terms of cost and time
- Customer visits when required to establish customer requirements and problem solving
- Carry out contract reviews, ensuring all specs can be met and engineering drawings are correct
- Travel off site to client or suppliers as and when required
- Any other similar requirements as requested
- Nuclear experience/background advantageous
- Previous experience in similar engineering role
- Competent with managing timescales and cost budgets
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings
- Good IT literacy, familiarity Microsoft programmes including Microsoft Project, and other project based software
- Strong knowledge of CAD essential
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Engineering Degree in Manufacturing Engineering, or relevant Engineering discipline, or qualified by experience
- Technical HNC/ONC Qualified desirable
Our client is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace and defense markets. Approximately 80% of total revenues are generated from aerospace/defense markets. The remaining 20% is from the application of these technologies in adjacent markets. The management views the company’s businesses in three segments related to its set of core competencies: Avionics & Controls, Sensors & Systems, and Advanced Materials.
The role may be suitable if you have a background as a Manufacturing Engineer.
It is likely candidates will be commutable Stockton-On-Tees, Middlesbrough, Hartlepool, Darlington and County Durham.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.