Manufacturing Manager – Plastic Manufacturing
£40,000-£43,000 per annum
Due to successful growth this well established plastic manufacturer is looking for a Manufacturing Manager to join their manufacturing team based in Plymouth.
As a Manufacturing Manager you will Organise and encourage the efforts of all employees directly and indirectly to achieve set objectives, and in particular the central objective of profitability.
Daily planning of manufactured products making sure due dates are kept and overdue products are kept to a minimum.
Promote a Health & Safety approach to all aspects of the Production Area including housekeeping.
• Enforce company policies; maintain good industrial relations and discipline.
• Selection and recruitment of staff
• Staff training and development
• Regular BSI audits
• Maintain customer complaint records and deal with non-conformance.
• Liaise with customers over any quality issues
• Costing of new products and regular review of costing
• Ensure compliance with all quality parameters of product and packaging as laid out in the quality manual.
• Technical/hands on problem solving
• Production planning/on-time delivery
• Continually seek improvements in productivity and quality.
• Ensure safe working practice and environment
• Design any customer specific labels.
• Ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Manufacturing Manager.
• Previous experience of working in Plastic Manufacturing would be advantageous.
• Health and Safety (NEBOSH or NEBSM)
• Previous Management experience.
• Commercially aware.
• Can do attitude.
Our client is at forefront of heat shrinkable and insulated tubing manufacturing, they are the only UK manufacturer of heat shrinkable sleeving, and their manufacturing capabilities also include a complete range of other sleeving products.
The role may be suitable if you have a background as an experienced Production Manager or Manufacturing Manager.
It is likely candidates will be commutable Plymouth, Ivybridge and Devon.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.