- £25000 - £35000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Manufacturing and Production
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Mechanical Design Engineer, £25-£35k, South East London, Permanent
Established over 40 years ago that specialises in the design, manufacture, repair and maintenance of heavy goods vehicles.
The role will involve design and development of new products, as well as re-design and adaptation of current products. You will be responsible for design and development of components from an engineering and functional specification. This role will also involve mechanical and analysis calculations in view of determining suitable materials and specifications. You will have a proven record and use a number of drawing packages including AutoCAD.
• Project-oriented 3D mechanical detailing role
• Mechanical design and detailing of moving parts, components, mechanisms.
• Needs to be self-motivated as this role will include working off initiative and being able to problem solve.
• HND OR Degree in Mechanical Engineering
• Competent user of 3D CAD packages: Solid Works OR Solid Edge
• Experience in sheet metal design, fabrication machined parts, limits and fits or generic currency is essential.
• Experience in design and detailing of complex products
If you are someone who is looking for a genuine opportunity to forge a long term career with a dynamic global organisation then i would urge you to apply!