- £25000 - £30000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Mechanical Design Engineer-Design and Manufacturer
25k-30k per annum plus Extensive Benefits
Our client is the markets leading manufacturer of car transporters in the UK. They currently have a vacancy for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to work with their very busy Design Team.
· The chosen candidate will be required to work on Design projects as part of a team and individually.
· The candidate will have to multi task over projects and carry out duties covering all functions of the Design Office.
· The design role will cover jobs from quick modifications to large scale Design Projects and R and D including creating all working drawings, assembly sketches and bills of materials.
· On occasion the candidate will be required to attend customer sites and car manufacturing plants to partake in loading trials to evaluate designs.
To succeed in this challenging role, the ideal candidate should have the following skill sets and qualifications:
· Degree/equivalent qualification or HNC and proven experience in Mechanical Engineering Design.
· Have current experience and the ability to design in 2D and mainly 3D format.
· Experienced in standard methods of steel component fabrications and good engineering practice.
· Checking and approving of component and assembly drawings.
· Set up manufacturing bills of materials and parts lists.
· Create and issue engineering detail and assembly drawings for production release.
· A good understanding of hydraulics, electrics, pneumatic systems and their installations.
Keyboard packages used include:
· Autodesk inventor and AutoCAD up to and including 2015
· Access Supply Chain and Lotus Approach (training can be given)
The role would be suitable for candidates with previous background as a Design Engineer and Mechanical Design Engineer.
Our client is the markets leading manufacturer of car transporters in the UK. The design and development of new products is ongoing in keeping up to date with the launch of new cars and commercial type vehicles into the market place, as well as producing variations to our designs to meet the unique needs of our customers.
It is likely candidates will be commutable Halstead, Braintree, Colchester, Chelmsford and Essex.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.