Multi Skilled Engineer (Mechanical Bias) – Food Manufacturing
34k-37k per annum
Our client is a well-established international food manufacturer and due to steady growth they are looking for a Multi Skilled Engineer (Mechanical Bias) to join their engineering team in Hull.
Work as part of a multi-disciplined team carrying out first line maintenance tasks and improvements on equipment throughout the factory efficiently and effectively. Provide feedback on completed tasks into the engineering maintenance system to ensure equipment histories and costs are kept up to date and to enable follow up work to be identified and planned. Maintain all aspects of the plant relating to electrical, mechanical, control, and automation, to ensure reliability, integrity, and efficiency.
• Complete designated tasks efficiently and effectively and to a high standard of quality.
• Have a “Fix it right, now” work ethic and use Root Cause Analysis to determine the underlying reasons behind problems and failures and act on the findings.
• Provide and implement ideas to improve manufacturing, efficiency and equipment reliability.
• Work in liaison with other departments as required and provide support and assistance where possible.
• Enter accurate, detailed feedback on all completed tasks into the CMMS on a daily basis.
• Ensure the upkeep and reliability of all plant and equipment in your shifts designated area by feeding back requirements to your Line Manager.
• To identify through knowledge and analysis, areas that will contribute to improved product quality or plant efficiency.
• Support the MCE initiative on site, and understand and implement the basic principles of lean manufacturing.
• Minimum two years’ experience within a maintenance department.
• Practical engineering experience including legislation.
• Up to City & Guilds part 3 in relevant discipline.
• NVQ L2/3 or equivalent in relevant discipline.
• Multi-skilled qualification in opposite discipline (NVQ L2 / City & Guilds).
• Multi-skilled craftsman.
• Maintenance techniques.
• Have an innovative approach to problem solving, with the ability of using own initiative.
Our client is a well-established international food manufacturer, they were established in 1957 and today they operate in 26 countries around the world.
The role may be suitable if you have a background as a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer or Multi Skilled Engineer.
It is likely candidates will be commutable to Hull, Grimsby, York and Scunthorpe.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.