Multi Skilled Engineer- Food Manufacturing
Salary: 36k per annum
Our client is a well-established food manufacturer due to steady growth they are looking for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their engineering team.
• To be an effective member of the maintenance team
• Efficiently carry out any assigned task or duty
• To understand and contribute to achieving the goals of the business.
• Be prepared to develop the necessary skills and to efficiently carry out all maintenance team member tasks
• To ensure the safety of oneself and others at all times
• Contribute to and help implement continuous improvement, so as to enhance quality, efficiency, safety and waste reduction
• Work as part of an effective response team on breakdowns and/or emergency repairs
• Responsible for ensuring daily checks are carried out efficiently and in a timely manner
• To ensure all works carried out are compliant with Health and Safety requirements.
• Take an active role in PPM jobs under the advice and guidance of the team leader.
• Ensure all work undertaken is reportable and auditable
• Enter any planned maintenance on work request forms if appropriate
• Any work request forms that are passed forward for action should be completed in full by the engineer or passed forward to the line manager if appropriate
• Help & assist in the training of others and identify own training needs
- Electrical/Mechanical qualification (City and Guilds or equivalent apprenticeship)
- Previous experience in the food manufacturing industry
- Previous experience in providing maintenance support on production and packing lines, electrical bias desirable
- Ability to follow instructions and use own initiative
- Excellent health and safety awareness
- Experienced in installations, breakdowns and planned maintenance
- Experienced in routine checks and identification of preventative measures
- Competent in report writing
- Able to work unsupervised
Our client is one of the largest rice suppliers in the UK, they create a range of delicious products that cater to a wide range of their customer’s needs.
The role may be suitable if you have a background as a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer, Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer or Multi Skilled Engineer.
It is likely candidates will be commutable to Kent, Rochester and Gillingham.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.