Operations Manager – Mental Health Care Services We’re looking for an experienced Operations Manager within social care to take up an Operations Manager post, managing a portfolio of Mental health services, including residential care homes, supported housing services, floating support and community engagement and inclusion services in South London. You’ll need experience of operationally managing registered and non-registered services and understand the needs of supporting individuals with mental health needs. On offer is a competitive salary, pension and annual leave allowance plus the opportunity to work for a charity who have strong values around making a difference to peoples lives, providing personalised inclusive support and treating people with integrity.
The Operations Manager Role
The emphasis is on high quality services that respond to the individual needs of service users, maintaining dignity, privacy and the freedom of choice for each individual. The company provide a mixture of small residential care homes, supported living and housing services, floating support, and engagement activities such as arts and crafts project, choir and a gardening enterprise.
As the Interim Operations Manager, you’ll be responsible for leading a team of deputy operations manager’s Project and Service Managers, ensuring that they have continuity of management and leadership. You’ll take responsibility and accountability for service delivery and staff management.
- Ensure that the service is being delivered in line with the organisation’s quality control criteria
- Ensure that staff are appropriately recruited, retained and developed.
- Make sure that services are being delivered within their agreed budgets, working with the finance team and managers to prepare, forecast and monitor budgets.
- Ensure that the equalities policy is adhered to
- Ensure that adequate and appropriate risk assessments are carried out at every level.
- Promote positive relationships with all stakeholders
- Deliver in house training where needed
- Make sure that service contract compliance is inline with service level agreements. Monitor performance and report on the same to senior managers and commissioners.
- Participate in corporate planning and policy development
- Work with the development team and leading in new business in the area.
The Successful Candidate
- You’ll need experience of operationally managing a portfolio of services, both CQC registered and non-registered that support people with mental health needs.
- You’ll have experience of leading the management of care and support services for people with Mental Health needs.
- Ideally you’ll have knowledge and understanding of the Recovery Concept and how to implement it in mental health services.
- Ability to present ideas and communicate effectively to a range of audiences (service users, staff, executive team, trustees and commissioners.)
- Have the ability to demonstrate good practise in the care and support of people, in adult protection procedures
- You’ll be able to demonstrate capability in managing complex budgets.
- Ideally, you’ll be a driver with your own vehicle.
Interested? To be considered for the Operations Manager role, please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment. For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318.
Interviews to be held ASAP.
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.