One of the UK’s largest and foremost law firms is currently looking to recruit a Paralegal within the Private Client team at their Leeds office.
Offering a salary of up to £25,000 plus excellent benefits including pension scheme, health insurance, critical illness cover, childcare vouchers, and discounted gym membership, this is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the most respected law firms in the UK.
This is a full-time permanent role. The company have introduced a ‘Flexible by Choice’ policy, giving you the opportunity to work from home, in the Leeds office, or a combination of the both.
Working as a Paralegal in the Leeds Private Client team, you’ll provide day to day support and assistance to the fee earners in relation to the team’s clients and caseloads. You’ll be processing client work allocated to you by your supervisor; managing day-to-day estate administration cases, drafting statements of truth, probate application papers and Inheritance Tax forms, plus dealing with third parties such as HMRC.
Key responsibilities will include…
– File management, including file opening and compliance, dealing with correspondence; telephone calls; filing documentation and maintaining the digital file; facilitating financial transactions, inputting personal and financial data on the case management system and archiving files
– Handling original documents including wills, death certificates grants of probate and other legal instruments.
– Dealing with initial telephone and website enquiries.
– Completing probate applications.
– Drafting Lasting Powers of Attorney and overseeing submission to the OPG
The role will suit an experienced and highly organised Paralegal / Legal Secretary / Legal Assistant, ideally with some exposure to Real Estate / Property Law. You’ll need to be hardworking and able to thrive in a pressurised environment; reacting to changing deadlines and priorities in a professional and pragmatic manner.
You’ll be able to demonstrate an up-to-date legal knowledge and an enthusiasm for continuing your professional development to ensure that you are always able to provide the best services to clients. You’ll have the confidence to contribute to team meetings and work collaboratively sharing best practice and learning from your colleagues.
Salary up to £25,000 dependent on experience. You’ll also get the following benefits with the role:
– A huge number of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace
– Flexible working options to make sure that you’re fully supported to work the way that best suits you
– Westfield health membership, offering discounted leisure and travel and refunds on medical services
The business you’ll be working for is one of the largest law firms in the UK, operating out of 14 UK offices with over 2,500 members of staff. They are proud of their values and offer a huge number of well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Paralegal role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.