Job Title: Performance Test Engineer
Salary: Circa £40,000 to £50,000 Dependent on Experience
Benefits: Bonus, Pension, Gym, DIS
This is a new and unique opportunity for an experienced Performance Test Engineer with experience in both manual and automated testing to to join a highly innovative company, based near Salisbury to help support their ambitious growth plans and to play a key part in their future testing strategy.
When things return to normal, the role will be a split of home and office – probably a couple of days per week in the office so you will need to be commutable.
The Performance Test Engineer is responsible for reviewing application processes from end-to-end, to identify and implement test plans and scripts, to ensure appropriate testing coverage.
The Performance Test Engineer role brings specialities to a QA team of performance, load and stress testing, to ensure the quality of applications used by business. The focus of this position is to work closely with the business analysis and development teams, to ensure that the functionality of applications and changes are understood and that there is adequate test coverage (quality checking) of applications, processes, and services, prior to their live/production release.
What you will get:
- Free parking
- Heavily subsidised canteen
- Health care
- Half price Gym membership, Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working
Key Experience Required
We are looking for three to five years solid testing experience both manual and automated on medium to large scale projects.
Experience with one or more of the following tools: JMeter, LoadNinja, LoadUI, LoadRunner, NeoLoad or BlazeMeter
• Experience of using SCM, GIT or Azure Repo
• In depth understanding of Web API testing using SoapUI, Postman and Swagger
• Able to understand SQL commands, to successfully interpret the results of testing on the database information
• Professional experience with QA tools like Azure DevOps, requirements management tools, issue tracking tools e.g ADO
• Experienced in testing techniques/practices such as Behaviour Driven Development (BDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), etc.
• Experience testing software in a true agile delivery environment
• Experience of Selenium (WebDriver)/Cucumber JVM or equivalent
• Experience of implementing performance test best practices
• Experience of the full software development lifecycle, used to working on both medium and large-scale projects
• Accomplished at running both manual and automated testing
• Strong technical and analysis skills to implement test plans and scripts, including capturing and amending automated scripts, use of files for data driven testing, and operation of testing tools
Coburg Banks IT specialise in recruiting in a variety of areas including: Development, IT Support, Programme and Project Management, Business Analysts and Testing as well as mid to senior level IT appointments. We would welcome the opportunity of helping you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV to us