We’re looking for a talented Planning Manager to join our client, a leading independent wholesale and catering butchers in Eye, Suffolk, and play a key role providing a detailed and accurate production planning service that fully supports the delivery of the daily business objectives.
You would oversee the planning function, ensuring that a cost-effective service is achieved in line with commercial criteria and customer service levels, turning commercial information into real time achievable plans which focus on providing the most efficient operational plan. Previous experience of working in a planning capacity within a fast-paced manufacturing environment, ideally food, will be required.
As part of the senior management team you would be tasked with overseeing the delivery of all planning demands and ensuring processes and procedures are appropriately controlled.
Responsibilities will include…
– The delivery of accurate and achievable daily production plans for all areas of the operation
– Producing achievable schedules of work, which are agreed with the operations team and contain all the required data.
– Forecasting short, medium and long-term planning regarding volumes / upcoming changes and sales data
– Developing a clear understanding of production processes, product lines and customer requirements
– Communicating both internally across multiple areas of the business and externally dealing directly with customers and suppliers in a professional manner
– Creating an innovative environment that encourages colleague participation in raising standards of quality, team working and communication, ensuring that within the function people are engaged, focused, developed and delivering to their full potential
– Demonstrable experience of working in a fast-paced manufacturing environment and within a planning function
– Sound financial management skills and can link commercial awareness cross functionally
– Adapts to changing business needs, introduces new ways of thinking and behaving and applies new ideas
– Extremely commercially aware, process orientated and a natural influencer
– Comfortable liaising with stakeholders at all levels across the business
– Strong IT skills, including advanced Excel, with planning tool/systems working knowledge
– You must be comfortable working within an abattoir environment
– Salary circa £45,000.
– Benefits: Various well-being initiatives to encourage positive mental health both in and out of the workplace,
staff discounts and rewards scheme, plus much more.
A world class meat producer at the forefront of the East Anglian meat industry and a major UK player. With recent investment from a leading European food giant, you would be joining the business at an exciting time and play a key role in their ambitious growth plans.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Planning Manager role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.