We’re looking for an experienced Production Manager to work for our client, the world’s largest independent soft drinks manufacturer. You would play a key role as part of the Milton Keynes Production Leadership Team, responsible for all aspects of the site’s operational production delivery.
The role will suit a skilled leader with experience managing teams, building team capability and motivating people to bring their best every day, ideally within a fast-paced and high-volume food manufacturing / FMCG environment.
Offering an attractive salary dependent on experience plus annual bonus incentive, good company pension scheme, personal private healthcare, 3 x basic salary life assurance plus more.
Please note: This is a full-time 12 month fixed term contract role, with potential to go permanent.
As Production Manager and reporting to the Factory Manager you would have full responsibility for all aspects of operational production delivery, managing a team of 70 colleagues, with 4 direct Shift Manager reports. You will manage 3 canning production lines operating 24/7, making sure they operate safely, to a high standard, within budget whilst meeting KPI’s relating to Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and People.
Key responsibilities will include…
– Driving Health & Safety principles across site ensuring these are always adhered to
– Managing, controlling and monitoring “cost per case” against the site’s KPIs, budgets and forecasts
– Ensuring staffing levels are fit for purpose, considering demand and cost per case
– Helping implement continuous improvement initiatives and maintaining a continuous improvement culture
– Leading and contributing to a range of site projects when require
– Developing training and coaching programmes to deliver a high performing Operations team
The role will suit an adaptable, reliable and self-motived individual with experience supervising staff in busy manufacturing settings, ideally food and drink / FMCG. Ambitious individuals working in junior production or engineering roles looking for a steppingstone to more responsibility as part of an operations management career will also be considered.
You must be able to demonstrate…
– Strong understanding of manufacturing processes
– Good knowledge of HACCP, understanding of HSE responsibilities linked with leading in a food production setting
– Strong attention to detail, meticulous approach to completing tasks, good multi-tasking skills
The world’s largest independent drinks manufacturer, producing 12 billion litres from 70 manufacturing plants in 12 countries. The UK business unit has 6 manufacturing plants with 1800 employees producing private label soft drinks and fruit juices for all leading retailers including Tesco, ASDA, Morrison’s, Sainsburys, ALDI and Lidl.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Production Manager role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
Coburg Banks Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.