- £25000 - £30000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Building and Construction
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
CAD Designer – Facades/Curtain Walling
Circa 25k-30k basic + extensive benefits
I am looking for a Project CAD Designer to join one of the country’s leading curtain walling manufacturers.
Our client provides a global service to the construction industry, encompassing design, estimation, project management, surveying and instillation.
The role of a project designer is to successfully undertake detailed design and procurement of specific elements of a given project, through competent understanding of the project requirements, company environmental and process.
Ideal candidates will have good curtain wall or cladding expertise including unitised frame construction, this should also include some experience in the following elements of façade’s for example louvres, brise soleil, doors, fixing systems.
· AutoCAD and IT Proficient.
· Ability to deal with Subcontractors, main contractors and clients.
· Good general construction knowledge and management skills.
Main responsibilities of the role:
· Review the drawings, (including conceptual drawings and design intent drawings), and review and comment on calculations as well as requesting additional drawings as required.
· Ensure that all drawing registers are completed correctly.
· Arrange and attend fixers drawing review meetings as and when required.
· Obtain structural calculations from the Structural Engineers as design progresses.
· Check each drawing for buildability during design progress including CDM management.
The role may be suitable if you have a background as a Project Designer CAD Technician, Draughtsperson, Detailer or CAD Designer.
If you are looking for a position where you views are respected, your ideas are invited, your creative thinking is stretched and your work supported in a nurturing and ambitious team, then this may be the opportunity for you.