- £25000 - £30000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Design and Creative
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Project Designer – Manufacturing
£25,000-£30,000 per annum
I am looking for a very talented Project Designer to join one of the country’s leading curtain walling manufacturers.
Our client provides a global service to the construction industry, encompassing design, estimation, project management, surveying and instillation.
• Successfully undertake detailed design and procurement of specific elements of a given project, through competent understanding of the project requirements, company environmental and process.
• Review the drawings, (including conceptual drawings and design intent drawings), and review and comment on calculations as well as requesting additional drawings as required.
• Ensure that all drawing registers are completed correctly.
• Arrange and attend fixers drawing review meetings as and when required.
• Obtain structural calculations from the Structural Engineers as design progresses.
• Check each drawing for buildability during design progress including CDM management.
Ideal candidates will have good curtain wall or cladding expertise including unitised frame construction, this should also include some experience in the following elements of façade’s for example louvres, brise soleil, doors, fixing systems.
• AutoCAD and IT Proficient.
• Ability to deal with Subcontractors, main contractors and clients.
• Good general construction knowledge and management skills.
Over the last 30 years our client has been one of the leading manufacturers of curtain walling throughout Europe. The UK operation, which was established in 1985, provides a global service to the Construction industry, encompassing design, estimation, project management, surveying and installation, predominantly making use of the systems produced in France
The role may be suitable if you have a background as a Project Designer CAD Technician, Draughtsperson, Detailer or CAD Designer.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.