- £36000 - £40000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Our client has been created by the University of Manchester to develop a range of industrial products, components and systems based graphene and other 2D technologies. The company’s mission is to create a number of stand-alone ‘spin-out’ businesses.
In order to achieve this objective our client is recruiting a team of ‘hands-on’ engineers to work on the design and manufacture of high-quality product demonstrators and fully-functioning prototypes capable of showing how products can be enhanced with graphene and other 2D materials.
The Role of Project Engineer
This role requires a combination of practical production skills (producing working prototypes from sub-components, making measurements and recording data etc.) as well as project management capabilities (resource planning, reporting, budgeting etc.). In addition, the successful candidates must be able to work with and evaluate external suppliers to ensure that the materials and components used in the production of the product demonstrators are fit-for-purpose and represent good value.
Essential Skills and Qualifications for the Project Engineer
- Experience writing product specifications
- ‘Hands-on’ experience producing high-quality product demonstrators or prototypes
- Experience (or understanding) of a range of manufacturing techniques/processes
- Ability to use analytical and test equipment and record data accurately
- Experience of working with and ‘managing’ third party suppliers
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience of managing projects and working within predefined budgets
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Desire to learn new skills and participate in regular training to enhance professional development
None Essential but Useful Qualifications and Experience
- A technical or ‘hands-on’ practical knowledge of:
- Inkjet printing technology
- Smart textiles or ‘wearable’ electronics
- Membranes and filters
- Printed electronics
- Process engineering
- Manufacturing scale-up
- Product testing
- Further /Higher education qualification in physics, chemistry, materials science, electronics, engineering, manufacturing, product design or other related subjects
- Knowledge and use of AutoCAD or similar
If you would like to get involved in this exciting opportunity, please send your CV in the first instance via the link below