We’re looking for a Purchasing Manager to work for our client, the UK’s leading and best-known food on the go retailer.
You will need to be an expert negotiator, with strong interpersonal, communication and supplier management skills. This role will be focussed on goods not for resale, specifically looking after the IT and Marketing procurement, therefore strong IT procurement experience preferred with Marketing a bonus.
Please note: This is a full-time permanent role reporting to the Head of Procurement, salary circa £55,000. Location for the role is flexible but ability to spend time at the Head Office in Newcastle upon Tyne is required.
You would play a key role as part of a Procurement team responsible for the sourcing of £180 million of goods and services for circa 2100 shops, Head Office and Manufacturing facilities. As Purchasing Manager you would be expected to manage a specific portfolio of IT and Marketing suppliers, building effective relationships with both suppliers and internal stakeholders, ensuring that the needs of the business are met, along with forward planning the required procurement activity to meet tight project deadlines.
Key responsibilities to include…
– Develop strategy for your areas of responsibility, ensuring certainty of supply, mitigation of risks, quality and value
– Negotiating Commercial and Contractual terms for IT and Marketing suppliers
– Driving value for money ensuring that key research, monitoring and evaluation is completed to ensure value
– Managing and resolving day to day issues with suppliers in a timely and effective manner
– Delivering Procurement Support for Key Strategic Company Projects
The ideal candidate for the Purchasing Manager must have evidence of development and execution of relevant category strategies as well as a track record of delivering value and continuous improvement.
In addition you will be…
– Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
– Assertive and tenacious with ability to manage internal and external contacts with diplomacy
– Able to research key cost drivers and ensure that procurement of items are undertaken accordingly
– Able to understand and interpret the various economic factors that influence markets
Basic salary: £55,000 dependent on experience
Additional benefits: Generous staff discount scheme, offering you up to 50% off food, profit share scheme, free life assurance, company pension scheme and share save and share incentive schemes, healthcare plans, cycle to work scheme, plus much more.
The business you’ll be working for is the UK’s leading and best-known food on the go retailer. They’re a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage and provide their people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Purchasing Manager role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
We are acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this role.