We’re looking for a Purchasing Manager to work for our client, the UK’s leading and best-known food on the go retailer.
If you have food ingredient or commodity procurement experience and have worked in a fast paced, demanding environment, plus can demonstrate strong interpersonal, communication and supplier management skills, then you could be exactly what they’re looking for.
Please note: This is a permanent full-time role, salary up to £55,000 + fantastic benefits including 12.5% Management Scheme Bonus. Location for the role is flexible, the food procurement team is based at the Newcastle Head Office and you must be willing to work a mixture of 1-2 days a week office with the rest of week being flexible/home working.
The Food Procurement team are responsible for the sourcing of £300 million of food both as ingredients for manufacturing facilities and for direct sale within circa 2,200 shops and are committed to sourcing responsibly. As Purchasing Manager you would be expected to manage a specific portfolio of Suppliers and Ingredients, building effective relationships with both suppliers and internal stakeholders, ensuring that the appropriate quality and quantity of raw material is available when and where required.
Key responsibilities to include…
– Developing strategy for areas of responsibility to ensure certainty of supply, mitigation of risks, best quality and value
– Negotiating commercial and contractual terms for food ingredients
– Driving value for money, ensuring that research, monitoring and evaluation is completed to ensure value is maintained
– Developing key relationships with suppliers, negotiating commercially attractive terms ahead of the market average
– Identifying and negotiating appropriate specifications and SLAs for all food supplied
The ideal candidate for the Purchasing Manager must have evidence of development and execution of commodity strategies as well as a track record of delivering value and continuous improvement. Food, ingredient or commodity procurement experience is essential.
In addition you will be…
– Highly numerate with strong analytical skills
– Assertive and tenacious with ability to manage internal and external contacts with diplomacy
– Able to research key cost drivers and ensure that procurement of items are undertaken accordingly
– Able to understand and interpret the various economic factors that influence markets
Basic salary: Up to £55,000 plus management bonus.
Additional benefits: Generous staff discount scheme, offering you up to 50% off food, profit share scheme, free life assurance, company pension scheme and share save and share incentive schemes, healthcare plans, cycle to work scheme, plus much more.
The business you’ll be working for is the UK’s leading and best-known food on the go retailer. They’re a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage and provide their people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Interested? If you think you’re right for this Purchasing Manager role, then click the ‘Apply Now’ button, send us your CV and we’ll consider you for the first round of interviews.
We are acting as a Recruitment Consultancy for this role.