Do you love working with people with learning disabilities and have a degree level qualification? Are you looking to work for a growing and dynamic organisation dedicated and committed to providing innovative, forward thinking care solutions? We’re currently recruiting for such a company who are seeing a Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager position. We’re looking for somebody with a degree in social care, learning disabilities Nursing, Psychology, Law or similar who loves working in the social care field and helping make the lives of those with learning disabilities and autism better. For the Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager position you’ll need to be somebody who pays attention to every detail, is good at identifying areas for improvement and implementing change and who is process orientated, you’ll also need to have good knowledge of CQC standards and other social care legislation requirements. On offer is an attractive salary of £30,000 – £40,000 negotiable.
The Quality Assurance and Compliance Manager Role
- As the Compliance Manager you’ll take the lead on all compliance matters including CQC and Local Authority requirements, Internal Quality Audits, Safeguarding and serious complaints.
- You’ll assist and support the registered Manager’s, Care Manager’s and support staff consistently deliver high quality, bespoke care and support packages’
- You’ll ensure that policies and procedures are up to date and ensure any change to policy is communicated to the care management team.
- You’ll work with the CQC and Local Authority, ensuring that good standards are consistently met and outstanding is worked towards
- You’ll carry out auditing through quality assurance visits – you’ll audit care files, staff training files, employee files,
- You’ll support the house managers with auditing processes to ensure that high standards are maintained at all times
- Ensure all service user person centred planning is in place using the correct templates and formats
- You’ll review ABC reports, Accident reports and incident reports on a regular basis
- You’ll follow the court of protection application process for all service users who require an application to be made
- You’ll lead reviews on the business plan
- You’ll review staff training to ensure adherence to relevant guidance, legislation and regulations
The Successful Candidate
- You’ll be degree qualified in a related field of study; Health and Social care, Social Work, Nursing, Psychology, Public Health, Law etc.
- You’ll have some experience of working with individuals with learning disabilities in a social care setting and understanding of CQC standards, safeguarding processes, mental capacity and other legislative requirements.
- You’ll be able to demonstrate good knowledge of CQC, Ofsted, Health and Social Care Act, Dols, Mental Capacity Act and COPA
- You’ll be a motivated individual, who is well organised and able to work autonomously
- You’ll be a meticulous person, who is thorough in everything that they do, and pays great attention to detail
- You’ll be able to command the respect of the management team whilst maintaining great relationships
My client is a company that are passionate about delivering bespoke personalised care services to people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and complex health needs. They are a team of professionals who take pride in focusing on people’s individual preferences and ensure they provide a diverse and adaptable service.
They have great staff retention rates, are proud to be an accredited living wage provider, provide opportunities for training and qualifications and have a loyal management team that have developed with the company over the last 10 years.
Interested? To be considered please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment. For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.