- £35000 - £40000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Building and Construction
- Job Ref:
- MRW - QE
I am looking for an experienced Quality Engineer to join a privately owned construction firm specialising in the manufacture and install of balconies and associated products.
Reporting to the Commercial Director and based from the Reading office, with some visits to both site and the manufacturing base required as the job dictates, the core responsibility of the role will be to pick up from the point where the quality issue us reported and follow a process broadly encompassing the following:
‘Fix’ the issue – Understand why it went wrong in the first place – Put process in place to prevent this happening again
To understand the size of the workload it is worth understanding that the business has approximately 20 projects live at any one time and the average value for each project is £1.5m. A typical client would be a premium domestic house builder in terms of size and stature.
Culture and attitude fit is more important than specific experience but the candidates will need to have had some exposure to a quality oriented role.
Whilst this can be the from within the construction sector, candidates from other industries with a more detailed focus on quality such as the automotive or aerospace sectors would be of interest too. Specific expectations include:
• Someone who gets a ‘buzz’ from delivering small change
• Equally someone who understands the ‘ease of implementation / size of prize’ concept and is happy to go for quick, impactful ‘wins’ from the get-go.
• A ‘terrier’ in style, demonstrating high levels of persistence.
Sapphire have undergone significant change over the last few years and are now a strictly design led business of high quality balconies aimed primarily at the domestic house builder sector. They mainly sub-contract the manufacturing process and deliver the finished product to site for installation.
The Salary & Benefits Package
• Basic salary: circa £35 / £40k
• A company car will be offered.
• There is also an opportunity to earn a bonus on a quarterly basis based on the performance of the business. Typically this will be 10-15% of salary.
• Additional benefits include a pension scheme and free lunches
If you are looking for a new challenge in an environment where quality is not just a box to tick and where you’ll be left to get on with your job, I’d urge you to apply.
Follow the link as directed. I look forward to hearing from you.
Coburg Banks Sales specialise in recruiting Sales Directors, Business Development Manager’s, Sales Manager’s, Sales Executive’s and Internal Sales Consultants across multiple industries throughout the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within Sales please refer them to us.