- £36000 - £36000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Building and Construction
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
My Client is one of the leading suppliers and installers of raised access floors in the UK, due to continued success they are looking for an experienced Quality Health and Safety Advisor
The main purpose of the role is to deliver an integrated Quality, Health, Safety & Environmental service for site contracts and Head Office premises
This is a great opportunity to join the already successful team that will provide career development and growth in a forward thinking company………in return we offer:
- Basic Salary Up to £36,000 depending on experience
- £300.00 Monthly Car Allowance
- Company Pension Scheme
- Paid Holiday including bank holidays
On a daily basis you will be
- Supporting all employees and subcontractors in the planning, administering & monitoring of the QHSE systems and measuring performance against standards.
- Ensuring all premises, both site contracts and head office have safe movement/storage &use of plant and materials.
- Attending pre-start Health & Safety visits, produce site specific Health & Safety Plan, inc all Risk Assessments, Method Statements, COSHH Assessments, and implement measures to ensure compliance with any necessary assessments.
- Arranging and compiling Audits on site, visual checks on tools and/or equipment on a regular basis and check policies and procedures are being properly implemented.
- Manage the training of employees/subcontractors with regard to CSCS training, toolbox talks, and administer CITB training plan.
- Attend QHSE meetings and act on any QHSE issues raised to maintain a high profile on site
- Keep up to date with relevant QHSE legislation & maintain a working knowledge of all The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) legislation & any developments that affect the industry, and make any changes to working practices that are required
- Accident/incident investigation/reporting if/when required, and producing reports that suggest improvements
- Prepare reports for the Management Team on non conformities with ISO systems, health & safety audit reports, quality audits.
- Advise on a range of specialist areas e.g. fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
As and experienced Quality Health & Safety Manger you will have previously worked in a similar role ideally within the Retail Fit Out Sector and have experience in Floorings/ Office Fit Out / Internal Partitioning/ Ceilings and in addition you will need to have :
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar Health & Safety role
- Preferably trained auditor in ISO 14001, ISO 9001, or OHSAS 18001
- NEBOSH General Certificate, SMSTS, CSCS
- IT literate with sound working knowledge of windows and Microsoft packages including Power Point
- Excellent communication skills via verbal, non-verbal and written correspondence i.e. letter/email.
- Good interpersonal skills in confrontational situations and when dealing with difficult situations.
To be considered for this opportunity please click on the link below:
Coburg Banks Technical specialise in recruiting Senior Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Project Managers, Production Managers, Design Engineers and Technical Managers across a wide range of industries throughout the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within Engineering, Manufacturing or Construction then please refer them to us.