- £35000 - £45000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Building and Construction
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Due to expansion of their commercial quantity surveying team, this established national house builder seeks a Quantity Surveyor. This role is based at their offices in Suffolk. This is an immediate and exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor looking to grow their career.
As a Quantity Surveyor, you will work in an established commercial team including a Commercial Manager Senior QS`s and Assistant QS`s. The region produces 675 housing units across 14 sites at present.
Key responsibilities include:
-Full quantity surveying duties on residential projects, including new build homes and apartments and detached/semi detached properties.
– Timely/accurate cost-management of projects from pre-operational stage through to final accounts.
– Ensuring budgets and programme dates are met and ensuring a continued working relationship with clients.
– Administer and manage the financial aspects of the sub-contracts.
– Identify and assess suitable trade sub-contractors for procurement purposes.
– Use appropriate tender documentation and procurement tenders.
– Negotiate and let sub-contracts within agreed timescales.
– Place orders and control expenditure by way of making payments as necessary
– Agree the valuation of variations and review the latest cost estimates, including preliminaries sub-contract and material costs and report the same against budget.
– Interim valuations
– Cash flow forecasts
– Prepare ongoing monthly costs reports
This is a National house builder with excellent opportunity for career growth and training will be provided for progression.
The role would suit an experienced Quantity Surveyor from a residential, house builder or main contractor background with new build construction or housing experience.
The ideal person would likely be a Quantity Surveyor, QS, Managing Surveyor, Surveying Manager or Senior Quantity Surveyor with a good level of new build residential experience.
This could include experience with new build housing, terraced, semi-detached or detached housing, apartments or high rise developments.
A private National residential house builder who work UK wide. They build speculative housing developments, including new build homes ranging from a standard house type through to detached properties and apartments.
If you feel you have the motivation, skills and experience for this role then send your full CV to the link below.