- £18000 - £19000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
I am recruiting for a Reablement Support Worker to join a community team based in Southampton. This role would be ideal for an experienced Support Worker who is looking to join a supportive and friendly team. The aim of the role is to assist service users within their own homes that are recovering from illness or injury. The role comes with an excellent salary, mileage and 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
The role is based in a busy domiciliary agency which offers home based support services in Southampton. The main purpose of the role is to provide a short, intensive reablement service for people with disabilities or are recovering form illness or injury. You will play a pivotal part in their recovery to help them to live independently.
The main duties of the role include:
- To carry out reablement customer assessments together with the MDT covering risk and task plans, setting goals and objectives for the individual graded to optimise their level of ability and independence over time.
- To assist customers with personal care as detailed in their individual reablement plan. This will include help with personal care, helping to dress, cooking, local shopping and some housework and laundry. This may also include taking the customer into the community, accessing local facilities that enable the customer to also participate in the wider community.
- Read and follow the reablement plan within the customer’s home, carrying out the particular tasks as detailed for the visit.
- To feedback and provide written observations on the persons circumstances whether improvement or deterioration to help with the progression of the individual against their reablement plan.
- Complete a log sheet at the end of each visit, stating the tasks that have been undertaken and any other relevant information.
- Ensure to complete accurate progress reports and feedback forms to assess outcomes.
- Ensure all written records are factual, accurate and do not contain personal opinion and are clearly signed and dated.
- Use a person centred approach at all times, ensuring the customer is in control of their care and support wherever possible.
- To encourage and support the customer through a motivational approach to achieve their goals and objectives,
- To assist the customer with mobility problems and other physical disabilities, including incontinence, using aids and personal equipment i.e. hoists, assistive technology etc in line with their individual care plans.
- To communicate effectively with customers, carers and other professionals
You will be an experienced Senior Carer or Support Worker with knowledge of domiciliary care and CQC standards. You will have experience of working with people in their own homes and you will have excellent communication skills and be able to work as part of a team. Ideally you will have completed NVQ Level 2 or currently be working towards and you must be a driver with your own car.
A domiciliary organisation that offer care and support to service users and their families.
Interested? Click Apply and your application will be considered or call Hayley Green on 0121 362 231
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us