- TBC - TBC per annum
- Job Type:
- Building and Construction
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Recycling & Recovery Assistant
Based in London (N18)
Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
One of the UK’s leading integrated waste management companies is looking to recruit a Recycling & Recovery Assistant at their Bulky Waste Recycling Facility in Edmonton, North London. Reporting to the Facility Manager and positioned in either the recycling area or transfer station, you would be responsible for the effective controlled reception treatment and transfer of wastes at the facility as well as the safe operation of the site.
Key tasks will include…
– Operating mobile plant and screening plant to sort and segregate waste, recovering recyclable materials along with the production of fuel, loading of vehicles as required
– Ensuring that all operational machinery (both mobile and static) is maintained in accordance with company procedures and manufacturer’s instructions, carrying out regular checks
– Supervising the delivery and collection drivers to ensure the safe operation of the site, controlling inputs and transfers to and from site of wastes and recyclables , liaising with contractors and site management
– Supervising recycling operatives within the designated area of operation
The ideal candidate for the role will have had similar experience within a Waste Management environment, and must have a full clean diving licence plus a fully verifiable certificate for plant operation for both 360 excavator above 10t & Wheeled Loading Shovel above 10t.
Excellent communication skills will also be required as will the ability work well under pressure and to deadline. You will be a flexible individual (some Saturday overtime may be required on occasion), plus willing to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
The company have developed innovative and sustainable waste management solutions to deal with various waste streams from local authorities. This is a great opportunity to put your experience to use within a dynamic and industry-leading business.
To apply for the Recycling & Recovery Assistant role please send us a CV quoting LWA33.
The job will suit candidates with the following backgrounds: Recycling Operative, Waste Recycling Operative, Site Operative, Site Assistant, Labourer, Waste Collection Operative, Recycling Assistant.