- £30000 - £34000 per annum
- Job Type:
- Social Care
- Job Ref:
Unfortunately, this job opportunity has expired.
Please go back to the Job Search page by clicking here.
Registered Manager – Children and Young People
Salary: £30,000 – £34,000 + benefits package
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Registered Manager to manage a residential children’s home.
The role is based in a residential home for 5 children with emotional and behavioural needs. You will enrich the lives of service users through the delivery of high quality person centred care and support that enables independence and achieves valued outcomes. The main purpose of the post is to provide leadership to the staff team and overall management of the home and undertake all statutory and regulatory responsibilities required of a registered manager of a care home.
There are many duties involved in the role of a Registered Manager including:
• To manage the home in an efficient manner within the available resources, ensuring these are used to the best effect for the proper care of the young people and the running and maintenance of the home and the equipment therein.
• To be responsible for arrangements of admissions of young people to the home i
• Ensure that the care and well being of the young people is maintained at the highest level at all times and that this care reflects the needs and is appropriate for the young people of both sexes and if necessary, residents of varied ethnic origins.
• Ensure that all young people receive appropriate medical, dental and other ancillary care appropriate to their individual needs and that they are kept under regular planned review.
• Liaison with young person’s family as appropriate.
• Ensure that all staff within the home (including their relief workers) are kept fully conversant by guidance, instruction and practice with all aspects of managing the home, so that they are able to take proper charge of the home in the normal course of their duties.
The successful candidate will be an experienced Manager with experience of working with service users with learning disabilities and complex social behaviours . You will operate with significant autonomy in the operation of the care home, ensuring that the high standards of both the home and the organisation are maintained at all times. You will be expected to work in a flexible way and in other service settings as required. You will be an experienced child care practitioner having managed teams for at least two years in a residential setting. A Level 5 Diploma is essential. A Full driving licence is required.
A leading provider of residential care and education for looked after young people.
This position will be suitable for: Registered Manager, Children’s Home Manager, Care Manager,
Interested? Click Apply