Are you an experienced, capable and passionate Registered Manager of Domiciliary Care Services? Or a Community Nurse that’s looking to move into a Social Care Manger role? We’re looking for somebody to take up a Registered Manager role with our client, who are passionate about providing high-quality, person-centred care that is responsive to their clients wishes and changing needs. As the Registered Manager you’ll be responsible for the domiciliary care provision across the peak District, ensuring that all clients and their families receive the highest levels of customer service and care. On offer is an excellent salary of £37,000 – £40,00 reflective of the fact that my client are looking for a Registered Nurse or Social Worker (current pin or HCPC registration not essential).
The Registered Manager role
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation who are truly passionate about delivering high-quality person-centred care to deliver an outstanding service. The business is made up of privately paying clients and some CCG/ continuing healthcare work and you’ll ensure that every care package is tailored to meet the client’s needs and wishes.
There is a strong focus on staff welfare within the organisation and you’ll continue to foster the open and welcoming environment they provide for staff, to ensure that the family-run feel of the business is maintained as the company grows.
The Registered Manager’s day to day responsibilities include;
- The day to day operations of the care service, ensuring that all customers are happy, and the staff team is well supported.
- You’ll provide leadership, management and the highest level of support to the team to ensure that they achieve the very best outcomes in everything they do. Overseeing all areas of staff management including supervisions, appraisals, training, disciplinary process and observations.
- Being Registered Manager with CQC, taking ownership of compliance with regards to CQC standards, regulations and policies and procedures.
- You’ll support the care coordinators to ensure that the carer rotas and client schedules are produced in a timely and effective manner.
- Manage and oversee the call monitoring service.
- Handle complex and challenging situations i.e. safeguarding, complaints, staff complaints and concerns
- Conduct care plans and all supporting assessments (inc risk) from initial meeting to adding the care plan onto the Management Information System (Carefree)
- Responsibility for all aspects of HR within branch (supported by senior management)
- Responsibility for business and branch growth by leading recruitment, managing care capacity and bidding for new packages of care
- Liaise with the finance team to handle client or staff queries
- Lead CQC inspections
- On call for advice on a 3-week rotation
- Upholding and build on existing MDT relationships
- Uphold and build new relationships with clients and their relatives/advocates
The Successful Candidate
- We’re looking for a qualified nurse, or social worker (though you don’t need to be registered currently with NMC or HCPC)
- We’re ideally looking for somebody that has managed a domiciliary care before of 500 hours plus. We will consider candidates that haven’t but can demonstrate an understand and ability to learn quickly., providing you have the nursing experience in the community
- You’ll have strong leadership and management skills, demonstrate a positive vision of homecare and able to influence positive change.
- You’ll be customer focussed and passionate about providing high quality, bespoke care services
- You’ll have excellent team working skills, able to be flexible and responsive.
- Ideally you’ll be able to demonstrate hands on expertise and experience in the area’s you’ll manage (care visits, training delivery, care planning and scheduling, CQC inspections and regulatory reporting)
- You’ll have a good understanding of CQC standards, the Care Act and other relevant legislation.
- It’s essential that you are a driver with you own vehicle and that understand the challenges fo driving in the Peak district, particularly in the winter
Interested? To be considered for the Registered Manager / Domiciliary Care Manager role, please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.