Registered Manager for Extra Care Scheme in Edinburgh
Salary £30,250 per annum, 25 days plus 8 bank holidays
We are looking for candidates with experience in managing services for older people, to take up a role managing the day to day running of an Extra Care complex and the delivery of Domiciliary care to people living on-site.
– Taking overall responsibility for the day-to-day operational running of the Assisted Living
– Leading, directing, supervising and supporting staff teams working within the Assisted Living
development in providing a range of services which can respond flexibly to the needs of individual
– Managing the promotion of domiciliary care services and housing support services to home owners
of the development and potentially in the locality. You will be registered with the Care Inspectorate
– Assessing the support and care requirements of prospective home owners in conjunction with the
– Estates Managers within the area and maintaining records as appropriate.
– Undertaking regular reviews of home owners’ requirements in liaison with families and other
professionals where appropriate.
– Ensuring compliance with National Care Standards, Care Inspectorate registration, regulations and
– Working with the Human Resources department in the recruitment and effective supervision and
performance management of staff.
– Assisting in the internal audit and quality assurance processes and providing a high quality care,
support and estate management function for the home owners.
– Ensuring that the Company’s policy and procedures are implemented.
– Ensuring that complaints are responded to promptly and monitors the outcomes.
– Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety requirements within the developments, maintaining a
safe and healthy environment for home owners, staff and visitors, and managing emergency
– Ensuring that all financial policies and procedures are fully maintained and managing targeted
expenditure of the Assisted Living development.
You will need;
– Experience of working with older people and understand meeting their needs
– Experience of assessment and care planning
– Experience of maximising income through selling services
– Knowledge of the statutory an regulatory requirements of the post
– Minimum of SVQ level 4 / RMA or equivalent
– To be flexible and be able to work alternate weekends
Interested? Click Apply or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and you’ll be considered for the first round of interviews. For more information please give me a call on 0121 362 2318