We’ve got a great opportunity for an operationally focussed Registered Manager who enjoys the challenge of managing a large busy home, consistently looking for wasy to improve adn develop services and delivering an excellent care service. Working as a Registered Manager you’ll be responsible for the day to day running of a large nursing home that provide person-centred care for older adults. This role will suit somebody with strong business acumen and who is an excellent manager of staff and resorces On Offer is an attractive salary of circa £65,000 and the chance to work for a group that are passionate about delivering high-quality, responsive services.
The Registered Manager Role
As the Registered Manager of a large nursing home, you’ll be responsible for the overall management of all functions within the home, including the care delivery team, catering, administrative, well-being and activities, sales and marketing, finance and buildings maintenance.
The Registered Manager is responsible for;
- Working with commissioners, families, residents and staff to improve outcomes for all stakeholders. Developing new innovative ways to achieve necessary outcomes
- Ensure that staff understand goals, measures and targets that need to be achieved.
- Ensuring a safe, compliant service with is delivered with a focus on high-quality person-centred care.
- ensuring that the care delivery team is well-supported to ensure that a high-quality client focused service is delivered.
- You’ll manage the P+L, budgets and finances.
- ensuring that a marketing strategy is in place, to ensure that the occupancy levels of the homes are high and that there is a waiting list for clients to come into the service.
- managing any staffing issues, ensuring that small issues don’t escalate. That any training needs are identified and actioned, you’ll ensure that all staff have regular supervision and appraisal.
- effectively managing all staff within the home. You’ll provide clear leadership and management and ensure that staff are confident and competent in their roles.
- Ensuring that the home enjoys a good reputation through building links in the local community, networking, forging good relationships with social workers, GP’s other healthcare professionals and client’s families.
- Making sure that there are enough staff available to deliver a responsive service, that a recruitment strategy is in place. Through effective rota management and liaison with the unit leads deploy staff well to reduce reliance on agency staff.
The Successful Candidate
- This Registered Manager position will suit somebody that is business minded and commercially aware. You may have worked as a Registered Manager / Nursing Home Manager / General Manager / Operations Manager previously.
- You’ll need experience of managing a large home, of 50+ beds at least for older people and those with Dementia.
- It would be great if you’re a Registered nurse, however not essential. You will need to be qualified to NVQ level 4/ QCF 5 as a minimum and have been registered with CQC previously.
- You’ll need to be strong at managing any staff issues to ensure that they don’t escalate.
- You’ll have experience of improving services previously, working with improvement /project plans
Interested? To be considered please click apply to send your CV to Laura.firstname.lastname@example.org
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.