My client is looking to recruit a Registered Manager for their residential home in Worcestershire. The home is a beautiful home in a fantastic location overlooking to Shropshire hills, and my client are looking for an experienced manager who ideally has a track record of improving services and who has managed care home’s for older people previously. On offer is an attractive salary package of £30,000 – £40,000 dependent on experience.
The Registered Manager role
As the Care Home Manager you will be responsible for the day to day operations of a residential home for older people including those with dementia, making decisions and taking responsibility for resident’s health and social welfare. This home has had CQC compliance issues and whilst there has been an interim crisis manager in the home for 6 months resolving many of the issues, we are looking for a strong manager who enjoys the challenge of improving services and who will continue to develop the home’s systems and policies to ensure that all future CQC inspections are compliant.
- Reviewing policies and processes in the home to make sure that they are effective
- Regular supervision, appraisal and showing strong leadership
- Arranging reviews of residents and formulation health and social care plans.
- Maintaining resident report systems.
- Ensuring residents receive necessary medical care.
- Liaising with GPs and other outside agencies, and arranging such visits as necessary.
- To implement the planned programme of care and, where appropriate, teach and co-ordinate other members of the caring team who may be responsible for implementing specific aspects of care.
- To audit the care given and the level of service, and to initiate any action that may be required.
- You’ll manage all staff within the home ensuring that they have full induction, training and support.
- You’ll be aware of the disciplinary procedures and implement where necessary.
- You’ll ensure that the home is meeting all its legal requirements.
The Successful Candidate
- Ideally you’ll be an experienced Registered Manager / Care Home Manager
- You’ll need to have experience of working with older people and ideally with people with dementia
- You’ll be qualified to NVQ level 4 or equivalent
- You’ll need to demonstrate an excellent understanding of the CQC regulations and requirements and the need of older people
- You’ll be a caring an empathetic person who is committed to ensuring that high quality care is a delivered.
Interested? To apply for the Home Manager role please click ‘apply’ or send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment
For more information please call me on 0121 362 2318
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us